Unsweetened Coconut Yogurt
This coconut yogurt is a staple in my household and made without a yogurt maker or Instapot! The texture is rich (but light) and creamy, making it the perfect breakfast or snack. Top it with your favorite berries, and nuts of your choice for a little crunch!
This is also a great healthy dessert option - I recommend adding some Manuka Honey and unsweetened chocolate chips.
1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk (creamy, smooth option)
2 capsules vegan-friendly probiotic
1 clean, sterilized glass jar with lid
wooden utensil for stirring
*KETO friendly toppings: hemp seeds, nuts, cinnamon, spices, seeds, a few low carb berries.
- Vigorously shake can of coconut milk before opening.
- Pour contents of can into a clean, sterilized glass jar
- Empty 2 capsules of vegan probiotic into the coconut milk
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until probiotics well-mixed in and the texture of the coconut milk is creamy and smooth
- Cover the top of the jar with a cheesecloth and secure with a string or rubber band. Set aside on a corner of your kitchen counter.
- Allow the mixture to activate for 24-48 hours. The longer the yogurt rests, the tangier the flavor. If your home is warm, it may take less time; if your home is cooler, it may take slightly longer or you can place your yogurt mixture in the oven (turned off), with just the light of the oven on.
- When ready, cover with a proper lid and yogurt can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
XO - Serena