Heal Your Energy & Reset Your Health with Culinary Alchemy®!
Are you caught up in the effort to DO everything and BE everything and know that it's taking a toll on your overall health?
It's part of our culture to sacrifice our sleep, mental health, and forego getting the nutrients we need in order to keep up with work and life's demands. It's not your fault, as we haven't been taught to prioritize these things. Maybe you have tried to lose weight, incorporate more mindfulness, keep up with an exercise routine, or self-love practices, but continually find yourself giving up on them. You're not alone!
I'm here to help you break the cycle and carve out real time for yourself...here to help you create your own "new normal", that's easy and sustainable. At the end of the day, it's about feeling better and putting yourself and your needs first. If you can serve yourself, you can serve your purpose and serve others.
Getting back to feeling motivated, healthier, and more relaxed is attainable! That sounds pretty good, doesn't it?! I've created a 28 day program with concrete steps to help you do just that. It is a love-filled effort based on both my own health journey, but from years and years of working one-on-one with clients. 'Serena's Ultimate Health Reset' is meant to heal and serve you - body, mind, and soul. It's a holistic program to help you sleep better, stress less, get energized, and lose stubborn weight.
I always teach how important it is to "eat the rainbow". My method, Culinary Alchemy®, is rooted in including foods that resonate in color and vibration with your chakras. When you're experiencing a blocked chakra, there are certain foods you can eat to help rebalance and nourish that particular energy center. But maybe you're thinking "How do I know what is blocked?", "What foods do I need to eat?" "How do I prepare delicious meals with these nutrient-dense ingredients?" It's all in the program!
Below are a few of my go-to recipes full of incredibly powerful nutrients that will reset your health! Get more of my favorite meals, plus wellness practices, day and night routines, and more by joining us in my Ultimate Health Reset Program!
*All ingredients are organic
Yields 32-34 ounces
- These green vegetables align with the Heart Chakra, which controls our emotional ability to give and receive love, bridges the gap between our thoughts and spirituality, and helps us to balance relationships
- Vitamin B’s and Vitamin C
- Naturally occurring nitrate
- Calcium, magnesium, selenium and other essential minerals
- Offer oxygenating effects
- Cleansing of the blood
- Promote circulation
- Excellent for overall physical heart health
5-6 leaves Tuscan Kale (also called Dino Kale, Lacinato Kale, Italian Kale, Black Kale)
Half Bunch Spinach (preferably fresh and not packaged in bag!)
Half Bunch Italian Parsley
4 stalks Celery
2 whole Cucumbers (I prefer Hothouse, but any slicing cucumber works!)
One head Romaine Lettuce
- Thoroughly rinse each of the six ingredients
- Cut the vegetables into smaller sizes, appropriate for your juicer
- Alternate juicing the harder vegetables with the leafy ones, if using a masticating juicer
- Transfer your juice into an airtight container, preferably glass or anything BPA-free and keep refrigerated
Optional: green apple, lemon, limes or ginger for a little flavor preference
Sacral Soothing Smoothie (sexual, intimacy, relationship)
- Mango: tropical fruit high in vitamin C and folate
- Pineapple: sacral (tropical fruit) high in vitamin C
- Carrot: orange colored and also root vegetable
- Turmeric: orange colored, reduces inflammation
- Ice: water is nurturing for sacral
- Nut milk: nuts and seeds support sacral chakra
- Spices: ginger, turmeric, cinnamon all nourish the third eye, which is the opposite to the sacral (polarity between chakras must be balanced)
- Blueberries: also nourishes the third eye (supports polarity)
- 1 cup ripe frozen banana (cut in chunks)
- 1 cup fresh cut mango (frozen okay too)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (peeled)
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ C fresh carrot juice
- 1 TB fresh lemon juice
- 1 C unsweetened nut milk (homemade or pressed is ideal!)
- ¼ C of ice (optional)
- Fresh or frozen blueberries for garnish
- Add all ingredients to blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add more carrot juice or almond milk to thin out the mixture. Add ice to thicken.
- Taste and adjust flavors as needed: to sweeten, add banana or mango; for tart: add lemon; for heat, add turmeric or ginger.
- Best served fresh with frozen blueberries for garnish
Roasted Rainbow Chakra Bowl (V, GF)
Chakra Supporting Benefits :
- Root: beet, carrots, yellow potato, sweet potato, golden beet, radish, red bell peppers
- Sacral: Carrots, sweet potato, avocado, hemp seeds
- Solar Plexus: Golden yellow potato, golden beet, yellow bell pepper, lemon
- Heart: Kale, broccolini, avocado, herbs
- Throat: red cabbage (turns blue purple), tahini
- Third Eye: red cabbabe (turns blue purple), spices
- Crown: lemon juice, hemp seeds, kale (higher biophotons)
Ingredients: (please use organic whenever possible)
- 1 lb baby golden yellow potatoes (sliced into ¼” rounds)
- 1/2 large sweet potato (skin on // slice into ¼”)
- 2 large carrots (sliced into 1/8” rounds)
- 1 medium beet (slice into 1/8” slices)
- 1 medium golden beet (slice into 1/8” slices)
- 4 medium red or watermelon radishes (halved, or quartered if large)
- 2 TB avocado oil
- 1 tsp unsalted seasoning powder (or can use za’atar, or curry, or cumin)
- ½ tsp freshing ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt or himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- ½ medium red pepper (thinly sliced)
- ½ medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup broccolini (roughly chopped)
- 2 cups chopped curly kale
- 3 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB tahini
- 2 TB raw hemp seeds
- ½ medium avocado (sliced)
- Fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, and radishes and drizzle with 1 TB of the avocado oil, ½ tsp of the seasoning powder of choice, ¼ tsp black pepper and ¼ of salt. Toss to combine. Place the vegetables onto one of the baking sheets and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Using the mixing bowl again, add the cabbage, bell peppers, and broccolini. Drizzle with the remaining 1 TB of oil, ½ tsp of seasoning powder of choice, ¼ tsp black pepper and ¼ of salt. Toss to combine. Place vegetables onto other baking sheet.
- When the potatoes/carrots reach the 10-minute mark, add the second pan to the oven and bake for approximately 15-20 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of baking, add the kale to either pan and roast until tender and bright green.
- Serve in a bowl or plate with the vegetables mixed together or separated and garnish with avocado, fresh lemon juice, tahini, hemp seeds, fresh herbs (optional) and fresh black pepper and salt to taste.
- Beets: red colored, mineral rich, root vegetable for the root chakra for grounding, feeling safe, protected – for stress and anxiety
- Garlic: immune-boosting food; from the earth; mineral rich
- Tahini: seeds strong for sacral chakra, which also supports the root chakra
- Avocado Oil: Strong for sacral chakra which also supports the root chakra
- Chickpeas: also a seed that supports sacral chakra, which helps to support the root chakra; also mineral rich
Ingredients: (please use organic when possible)
- 2 medium beet (leaves removed, stems cut down to 2”, scrubbed and cleaned)
- 2 (15 oz) jars/cans chickpeas, (drained with liquid reserved)
- 1/3 C chickpea liquid (save the extra)
- ½ C tahini
- ¼ C avocado oil (extra virgin olive oil okay too)
- 2 medium lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves from a roasted garlic bulb (see below for separate recipe)
- ½ tsp sea salt or Himayalan pink salt
- Optional Garnish: vegan kale, basil or cilantro pesto; fresh herbs – cilantro, parsley, chervil, chives; toasted pine nuts; drizzle of oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly coat beets in some avocado oil and roast in a covered cast-iron pot or baking dish in the oven for about 50-60 minutes.
- When fork tender, remove the beets from the oven.
- Once cooled, remove the tail and stem off the beets. Cut into cubes.
- Combine the chickpeas, 1/3 C of chickpea liquid, tahini, lemon juice, ¼ C avocado oil, roasted garlic cloves, salt and beets to a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add extra oil to achieve preferred texture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh herbs or pesto or toasted pine nuts. Serve with crudité (make a chakra colorful plate, can add seeded crackers etc)
For Roasting Garlic Heads/Bulbs: (can just do one or multiple)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Peel and discard the papery outer layers of the whole garlic bulb, leaving intact the skins of the individual cloves of garlic.
- Using a sharp knife, cut ¼” to a ½” from the top of cloves, exposing the individual cloves of garlic.
- Place garlic bulbs in baking pan or muffin tin: Place the garlic heads in a baking pan, cut side up. (A muffin pan works great for this, as it keeps the garlic bulbs from rolling around.)
- Drizzle with olive or avocado oil: Drizzle a couple teaspoons of olive oil over each exposed head, using your fingers to rub the olive oil over all the cut, exposed garlic cloves.
- Cover the bulb with a metal lid, silpat or another baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F for about 30-40 minutes, or until the cloves are lightly browned and feel soft when pressed.
- Cool and remove roasted garlic cloves from their skins: Allow the garlic to cool enough so you can touch it without burning yourself. Use a small small knife cut the skin slightly around each clove. Use a cocktail fork or your fingers to pull or squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins.
Squash: pale yellow on the outside, can be orange or deeply yellow colored inside, supports solar plexus chakra, nourishing personal power and self-confidence. Once cooked the soup is a beautiful golden yellow. Also high in soluble fiber.
Curry Powder: yellow (also a natural mood enhancer) supports solar plexus chakra
Maple syrup: healthy sweetener balances the solar plexus chakra
Coconut milk: healthy fat supports sacral chakra, which can also support solar plexus chakra
Garlic: known to be supportive of the solar plexus chakra
Vegetable broth: a light golden color, supportive of the solar plexus as well as the throat chakra (which is the polarity balance with the solar plexus) The throat chakra also speaks to confidence.
- 1 TB avocado oil
- 2 ea medium shallots (thinly diced)
- 2 ea garlic cloves, minced
- 6 C butternut squash (peeled and chopped)
- 1 ½ TB curry powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 14 oz light coconut milk
- 2 C vegetable broth
- 1 TB maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tsp chili garlic paste (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add oil, shallots, and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes, stirring frequently so the shallots and garlic are fragrant but do not burn.
- Add butternut squash, curry powder, and cinnamon. Stir to coat. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable broth, and maple syrup.
- Bring to a low boil over medium heat and then reduce heat to low, cover with a lid, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until the butternut squash is fork tender. Remove from heat.
- Transfer soup to a high-powered blender and purée on high until creamy and smooth. Return soup back to pot.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste, adding more curry powder, maple syrup as needed for flavor intensity. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve with optional garnishes of fresh herbs, baked beet or sweet potato chips, or a side of grilled whole grain toast or crackers.
As always, I invite you to join my Serena Loves Community for more support and helpful information!
XO - Serena