Raw Wild Blueberry & Peach Nut Crumble
If you have a sweet tooth like I do, you're going to want to try this recipe. Using whole and unprocessed ingredients, I present to you the best blueberry and peach nut crumble I've had in my life. Don't walk, run to the kitchen and whip this up for yourself, your friends, or your family - you won't be disappointed.
(R, V, GF, RSF, O)
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 40 minutes; Cool time: 5 min; Total time: 50 minutes
Makes: 6-8 servings
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
1½ C Medjool dates, pitted
15oz frozen wild blueberries, thawed for blending
15oz frozen wild blueberries, thawed for filling
3 fresh peaches, diced, pitted & skins removed
½ C almond flour, finely ground
¼ C oat flour, finely ground
¼ C raw almonds, soaked & skins removed
¾ C raw hazelnuts, soaked & skins removed
½ C vegan butter or coconut oil
½ C coconut sugar
3 T raw hemp seeds
1 T ground cinnamon
3 T mesquite powder
1 tsp lucuma powder
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
¼ t pink Himalayan salt
1) Using a food processor or blender, combine 15 ounces of the wild blueberries, peaches and dates and process until smooth.
2) Fold in the other 15 ounces of wild blueberries and stir to mix.
3) Pour the filling into a 9” pan or into small single-serving ramekins/dishes, leaving space before the brim for the crumble. Place in the refrigerator to set for 20 minutes.
4) Using a clean food processing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the streusel and pulse slowly until the nuts are finely chopped and the mixture is crumbly.
5) Remove the blueberries dishes from the refrigerator, generously top each with the crumble and return to the refrigerator to set for another 10-20 minutes before serving.
6) Freeze any extra remaining crumble for another use!
**Serve with freshly whipped coconut cream and a dash of cinnamon.
**Crumble can also be used as a crust for a pie or pudding (like Chocolate Avocado).