No-Bake Superfood Cookies
These are my absolute favorite no-bake superfood cookies!
They are super quick, super easy, and will take you less than 30 minutes to prepare. Also, almost all of the ingredients are pantry-friendly and easy to find.
These cookies are mineral-rich, high in protein, full of fiber, packed with antioxidants, vegan AND gluten free, and most importantly - DELICIOUS!
NO-BAKE SUPERFOOD COOKIES
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook time: 5 minutes; Cool time: 20 min; Total time: 30 min
Makes: 15-18 Servings
Ingredients (please use organic ingredients when possible!)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 TB unsweetened nut or seed milk
3 TB coconut oil
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 TB raw hemp seeds
2 TB raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup instant rolled oats (gluten-free option)
1/3 cup nut butter (use almond or toasted hazelnut)
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (alcohol-free option)
1 pinch sea salt or Himalayan salt (or 1/8 tsp)
2 TB chopped raw pistachios or shredded coconut
1. Line a baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper.
3. Once the mixture is bubbling, allow to low boil for 1 minute (set a timer).
4. Remove pan from heat and add nut butter, oats, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, vanilla extract and salt and stir to combine. Make sure to fully incorporate all ingredients.
5. Scoop and drop 1 TB (heaping) amounts of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and top with chopped raw pistachios and/or additional shredded coconut flakes (optional).
6. Let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened, about 25-30 minutes (depending on the temperature of the room!)
7. Store in a sealed, air-tight container at room temperature. Can also store in the refrigerator, but best served fresh and/or at room temp. Keeps for 3-5 days!
XO - Serena