8 Benefits of Rose Water and why you NEED it!
With the fear of COVID-19 lingering in our thoughts day in and day out, there is a lot of worry and confusion going around all across the globe - lowering our vibrations and making us more prone to sickness. Although these times are unprecedented and uncertain and so much is out of our control, I like to focus on the simple rituals I can do every day to feel calm and centered - the little things that bring some light into the dark and unknown moments.
Self-Care is absolutely necessary right now.
Let’s talk about Organic Bulgarian Rose Water - the star ingredient in our Aura Cleansing Mist. From skincare to food, rose water has been around for centuries, and can be used for a variety of different modalities. For example, In skincare - rose water acts as a natural alternative to cleansers, toners, and perfumes. In oral health - rose water can be used as a natural mouthwash alternative due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory abilities that work to cleanse the mouth. In food - it can be used mixed in teas, smoothies, or you can cook with rose water and add it to your favorite meals. There is very little rose water can’t do. My favorite benefit and one that is helpful during this time: Rose water cleanses your aura, helping you destress. All in all, due to its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties - rose water is a key ingredient to improve your health, hair, and skin.
Here are 8 Benefits of Rose Water:
- Anti-Aging Properties: Organic Rose Water imparts a healthy glow with potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. It does this by neutralizing free radical damage, which is one of the leading causes of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging.
- Great for Prepping the Skin: Rose water is ideal for prepping the skin for serums, moisturizers, oils, etc. You can also use rose water as a natural alternative to makeup setting spray. I like to use it as a refresher throughout the day.
- Soothes Skin Irritation: Whether you’re dealing with sensitive skin, rosacea, acne, or other irritations - chances are rose water can ease the discomfort. A lot of skincare products are toxic and can make sensitive skin worse, but rose water has anti-inflammatory properties like vitamin A and C that help hydrate and soften the skin while reducing any redness and removing the build-up of oil and dirt.
- Boosts your mood: A light spray of our delicate aromatic mist helps cleanse your auric field and brings you back to center. Rose water has been shown to provide relief from the symptoms of depression and anxiety. Just by smelling rose water sends calming signals to the brain, helping you to relax and unwind. I recommend carrying a bottle of rose water in your purse so you can mist it directly on to your face when you feel like you need a little mood pick-me-up.
- Alleviates Headaches: Rose water has been shown to aid in relieving headaches and migraines. You can soak a washcloth in it, warm it up, and press the washcloth to your head for 15-45 minutes. You can also just mist your face and lay down until you feel better.
- Maintains Healthy Hair: The nourishing and moisturizing properties of rose water make it a great natural conditioner that revitalizes hair growth. It’s anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties can also be used to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff and reduce oiliness. So if you have dry, damaged hair - add a few drops of rose water to your hair products. I also recommend spraying some directly on problem areas for that immediate hydration and shine!
- Hydrates the Skin: Instead of splashing cold water on your face in the morning, spritz yourself with rose water when you wake up for a boost of hydration to the skin. Rose water is a water-based solution, so when it’s applied directly to the skin, it provides a healthy hydration to the skin. In addition, rose water is full of hydrosol (distilled plant water.) and hydrosol helps to reduce excess oil in the skin and keeps the skin hydrated.
- Helps You Sleep Better: Every night at bedtime, spray a few pumps of rose water on your pillow, bed, feet, or face. It has been shown that the olfactory nerve (located within your head and is responsible for your sense of smell) sends signals to the part of our brain that controls mood and emotions, and it is said to be relaxed by certain scents, like rose. Get the beauty sleep you deserve!
Purchasing Rose Water
Unfortunately it is a common practice in the beauty industry for skincare brands to cut corners and settle for low quality, lab-prepared, and heavily-diluted versions of rose water, which can irritate your skin. With this knowledge, we set out to find the best of the best.
Our Aura Cleansing Mist is made with the highest-quality Organic Bulgarian Rose Water and is free from Sulfates, Parabens, Phthalates, Petrochemicals + Mineral Oils, Synthetic Fragrances + Dyes, PEG compounds, Ethoxylated Ingredients, and Synthetic Rose Oils. In addition, it is infused with a heart opening blend of healing crystals to help purify and amplify positive energetic vibrations for your body, mind and surroundings. It is powered with Rose Quartz for unconditional love and compassion, Amethyst for attracting positive vibrations, and Clear Quartz for clearing negativity
We recommend always having the Aura Cleansing Mist on hand. We made it travel size (1 or 2 oz) just for this reason! Not only will it help refresh and brighten your skin but it cleans & purifies the air and the energy surrounding you. .
Sign up to receive my emails (bottom of the home page) and get 10% off your first purchase, as well as health tips, recipes, and news of exciting launches right to your inbox.
XO - Serena