A Cleansing Bath Ritual for the New Moon
Take a moment to relax and detox! A cleansing bath ritual is such a powerful yet simple way to detox and to recharge your body and mind. One of the best times for a cleansing bath ritual is during the new moon when your body’s ability to detox is at its highest.
I love Himalayan salt for my cleansing bath rituals. Himalayan salt contains macrominerals like calcium, chloride, iron and potassium, as well as trace minerals like manganese, copper, selenium and zinc, which are great for your skin and body in small amounts. As they’re also unadulterated and unrefined, the energy of the ocean and earth is still instilled in Himalayan salt. As the ocean’s tide is pushed and pulled by the phases of the moon, it’s especially fitting to use Himalayan salt during the new moon.
For this new moon, I encourage you to focus on strength and self-confidence. Below is a cleansing salt bath ritual that you can perform at home or on the road, whenever you need a little “me time” to recharge.
What You’ll Need:
- Sage or palo santo
- Abalone shell
- Himalayan Bath Salt
- Crystals (optional)
- A feather (optional)
Serena Loves Cleansing Salt Bath Ritual
- Mix Himalayan Bath Salt into hot water that is close to your body temperature. Aim for a 1% salt solution.
- Place the candle toward the foot of the bath.
- Place your crystals around the tub. For the new moon in Gemini, reach for Gemini crystals, like Moonstone, Aquamarine, Jade and Quartz Crystal.
- Place your smudging stick of choice on the abalone shell. The abalone shell is not only heatproof, it also brings the water element to the cleansing ritual.
- Light the smudging stick until it smolders, creating a nice smoke.
- Use your hand or a feather to direct the smoke over your body from the bottom of your feet up to above your head, then back down. Focus on a cleansing mantra that speaks to you at this exact moment.
- Enjoy the bath until you feel relaxed.
- When you’re ready to finish the ritual, take in a deep breath, envision yourself in a golden light and snuff out the candle.